Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Scotland in the house! I'm this one:
There is quite often a child on my head, or a bigger one glued to various electronic devices in my general area. I live here:
That's Ayrshire in Scotland, although I'm not from here. I'm from Alberta in Canada. I love cooking and I love taking pictures, so when the group of us decided to take on this challenge, I totally leapt at it. As it happens, my family loves eating, so basically we all win. I was totally unfamiliar with Smitten Kitchen before buying the book, so it's been a fun experience so far. AND I AM NOT STOPPING. These have been my favourites so far: Avocado tartine with cucumber and sesame seeds. I have probably made this for lunch ten times since discovering this recipe. It's that good. Creamy and tangy and fresh tasting and insanely easy, too. Go make it, internet:
Blueberry polenta cake. This one is seriously good as well. I have always had a weakness for crumb topped fruit based cakes but adding cornmeal to it totally adds extra depth. When rhubarb comes into season here, I think I may try it with that.
Chunky granola. This is a sort of unassuming thing that is so much better than the storebought version that it's scarcely the same thing. I now always have this in my cupboard and went on about it for so long that work colleagues have made it too:
I've so far made 21 things, most of which have been breakfasts or baking. I used to bake quite a lot, and had fallen out of doing it, so it's been nice. However, I've also gained almost 5 pounds since starting this project, which means I should probably focus on salads and actual meals now? Onwards and upwards (after I eat three of the plum muffins I've just made)!

No comments:

Post a Comment